03 May 2012

Everyone wants to love, and be loved

                                  



















___________


Yesterday the 25th of April, was my birthday. It was just another chronological event.  Time to reflect on old plans and achievements, and to make new resolutions and plans.

At 55 this process can be a little dull and even trifle boring. My wife was struck by an attack of vertigo and so we just planned to call it an early night and crash into bed.

As I waited impatiently for my for dinner, my children came home.  They took one look at me and demanded I  dress up and make myself presentable on this day as they could not bear to see me shirtless in a just a vest. A growl drove them away.

A few minutes later the door bell chimed and in streamed my best friends. You know the ones you love and hate at the same time, but the ones you would never want to live without.

My friends had conspired with my wife and sons  having decided to surprise me and have a party whether I wanted one or not. I rushed to my room to put on a shirt. As I emerged they all greeted me, with a hug and a handshake, followed by a pat  on either the back or the butt. I wonder what Freud would have thought of that?

Suddenly the quiet house erupted into life with the clinking of glasses, tasty aroma of food and laughter filling the air.

I was blessed for I had friends and family that loved and cared for me. I once again realised what my wise uncle Manohar Singh ji often said, "Everyone wants to love and be loved"



14 comments:

  1. Anil said;

    A very, very Happy Birthday (a little belated) to you. Hope you have many many more of these with all your friends and family. Who knows maybe sometime in the future even I would be able to join you on of your birthdays.

    Regards,

    Anil Pillai

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward as always to be in your company
    Thanks and God Bless.

    Gurvinder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiten Vasa says;

    Oh, i missed that party !!!!
    Happy Birthday, once again.

    Hiten

    ReplyDelete
  4. CP Bansal said;

    Dear Gurvinder,

    I very much liked the way you were conversing with the foreigner on the flight from Pune to Delhi in March.
    I have loved the contents of your blogs
    and wish you a belated - very happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Bansal ji,

    Destiny brings people together and always for a greater good.
    Thank you for your kind words. I hope that we can increase our interaction to better ourselves and build a better tomrrow for our children.

    God Bless you
    Gurvinder

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiten Vasa said;

    Oh! i missed that party !!!!

    Happy Birthday, once again.

    Hiten

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zahir Mehr Homji,

    You are loved Rainy...and always will be. Count on a few more butt squeezes in the coming years.
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lawrence Dubois said;

    Hi gurvinder,didnt know yr birthday was in april anyway i wish u a very happy birthday & i pray u have a good yr ahead
    GOD bless u
    Larry & Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gurdev Kohli said;


    Hi! Gurvinder,

    first of all let me wish you a belated Happy Birthday. It was nice meeting you & your wife.
    I have enjoyed reading your blogs. Life is truly a roller coaster- but the important thing is to count your blessings.

    Best regards and good luck till we meet again.
    Gurdev Kohli.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kamal Taori said;

    thanks. educative. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ferzin Kothavala wrote:

    A belated happy birthday!
    You are as young as you want to be- it's all in the mind!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Balu Monie said;

    Dear Gurvinder,
    A belated Happy Birthday - tho' I missed the party.
    B.Monie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Priti Quinn says;

    55 Eh! And you want to be left alone? Look what happened to Garbo......No old friend you need inter-personal interaction to live & thrive..So enjoy it while you can....

    ReplyDelete

Entrepreneurs, professionals and entrefessional

I will digress here to explain my analysis of the difference between entreprenuers professionals & entrefessionals.  I don't really...