22 February 2010

Marketing Concepts explained

A professor was explaining marketing concepts to the students:-

1. You see an attractive and intelligent girl at a party. You go up to her and say: "I am very successful. Marry me!" - That's Direct Marketing

2. You're at a party with a bunch of friends and see a attractive and intelligent girl. One of your friends goes up to her and pointing at you says: "He's very successful. Marry him." -That's Advertising

3. You see an attractive and intelligent girl at a party. You go up to her and get her telephone number. The next day, you call and say: "Hi, I'm very successful. Marry me." - That's Telemarketing

4. You're at a party and see an attractive and intelligent girl. You get up and straighten your tie, you walk up to her and pour her a drink, you open the door (of the car)for her, pick up her bag after she drops it, offer her ride and then say : "By the way, I'm successful. Will you marry me?" - That's Public Relations

5. You're at a party and see an attractive and intelligent girl. She walks up to you and says: "You are very successful! Can you marry ! me?" - That's Brand Recognition

6. You see an attractive and intelligent girl at a party. You go up to her and say: "I am very successful. Marry me!" She gives you a nice hard slap on your face. - That's Customer
Feedback

7. You see an attractive and intelligent girl at a party. You go up to her and say: "I am very successful. Marry me!" And she introduces you to her husband. - That's demand and supply gap

8. You see an attractive and intelligent girl at a party. You go up to her and before you say anything, another person comes and tell her:"I'm successful. Will you marry me?" and she goes with him - That's competition eating into your market share

9. You see an attractive and intelligent girl at a party. You go up to her and before you say:"I'm successful, Marry me!" your current date arrives. - That's restriction for entering new markets

Thanks to Mr. Johnson George for sharing this with us.

6 comments:

  1. THE MAGIC OF THINKING BIG by David Schwartz

    There is nothing magical nor mystical about the power of belief. Belief works this way. Belief, the ‘I am positive, I can’ attitude, generates the power, skill and energy needed to do. When you believe I - can – do - it, the know- to- do- it develops. Think success, don’t think failure. Disbelief is negative power. When the mind disbelieves or doubts, the mind attracts ‘reasons’ to support the disbelief. Doubt, disbelief, the subconscious will to fail, the not really wanting to succeed, is responsible for most failures. At work, home, substitute success thinking for failure thinking. When you face a difficult situation, think I’wll win, not, I ‘ll probably lose. When opportunity appears, think, I can do it, never, I can’t. Remind yourself regularly that you are better than you think you are.
    Successful people are not supermen. Success does’nt require super intellect. Nor is there anything mystical about success. And success is’nt based on luck. Believe BIG. The size of your success is determined by the size of your belief. Think little goals and expect little achievements. Think big goals and win big success. Remember, this too ! Big ideas and big plans are often easier – certainly no more difficult – than small ideas and small plans. Belief is the thermostat that regulates what we accomplish in life. A person is the product of his own thoughts. Believe Big. Adjust your thermostat. Launch your success offensive with honest, sincere belief that you can succeed. Believe Big and grow Big.
    My thoughts :
    1. Mentally construct the path you wish to take. Plan to the last detail. Have plan ‘B’ in place before implementing plan ‘A’.
    Create small steps to achieve Big Goals.
    2. What is ‘Belief’ ? It is really the way we are thinking. Keep revisiting yourself from time to time to see how you are thinking.
    3. Hunger for success. How hungry are you ? It is easy and very comfortable to be satisfied with what you have achieved. Do not sit on your laurels’. Strive for more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sanji Kumar said;

    rainy ji,
    thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with me.hope everything is fine at your home.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gurpreet Sadhana said;

    Great Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anoop Desai said;
    Good one, my friend. Thanks.

    Hope all good.

    Anoop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Veraf Khambatta said;

    Hey! GSP,
    Its great to hear from you and we appreciate your keeping in touch.

    Keep well my friend and may God give you all happiness

    Veraf

    ReplyDelete
  6. Babitha Chintala said;

    Hello Sir,

    Very good article ...
    How are you and how are things?

    Thanks and Regards
    Mrs. Babitha

    ReplyDelete

Entrepreneurs, professionals and entrefessional

I will digress here to explain my analysis of the difference between entreprenuers professionals & entrefessionals.  I don't really...