27 May 2014

Knowledge without grace



One can choose their friends but not always their neighbours. With God's grace I have always had wonderful neighbours, that is until very recently.

A neighbour moved in recently to stay with her mother. She is a highly educated 'professional', but totally devoid of civility and possesses a bitter personality. An obnoxious person, she knows all her rights but is ignorant about her responsibilities.


A fascinating product of our current education and political system she is. Weaned on social and political entitlements and blinded by her 'professional knowledge', this was a good example of the new modern world we have been creating.

Knowledge without grace is both ugly and destructive.


Sharing and caring have been sacrificed at the altar of greed and 'professional' creed.


I try to give her a wide berth but it is difficult not to cross the path of neighbours especially when one lives in an apartment complex. Every encounter is dreadful and it is not difficult to appreciate why she has no friends. I felt angry initially, but now there is only pity.

On the bright side,  I am now even more appreciative of the many wonderful people that are in my life.  God bless my friends and neighbours.


1 comment:

  1. So true sir. We should disconnect ourselves from people who are unworthy.

    ReplyDelete

Entrepreneurs, professionals and entrefessional

I will digress here to explain my analysis of the difference between entreprenuers professionals & entrefessionals.  I don't really...