23 January 2016

Burn Baby Burn.


I want to tell you a secret




She said, "May I come Close? I have many demons inside".

I answered, "Don't come any closer, there is already a hell inside of me, created by unwelcome gifts from others like you".

___________________________________

For the frivolous and trivial minded, gossip is an important currency. 
Such people trade so called 'secrets' with one another until nothing is secret and everything is naked. All useless but extremely entertaining. 
The small and idle minded can be forgiven for that is all they can indulge in.

Humans are full of confusion and feel burdened with numerous guilty feelings. They have to unburden themselves and therefore seek to get sins and crimes off their chest. 

Of course if you want to control people then listening to their secrets and confessions gives you tremendous leverage over them, for you can extract a heavy price to make them feel better or to keep their secret. I used to enjoy people telling me their secrets for the same reason but not any more. 

As I evolve, this trait of accumulating negative and harmful thoughts have simply ceased

I do not want people to tell me their secrets, though I am good at keeping other people's secrets. It is a terrible quality to possess for I am burdened by carrying someone else demons. The burden of these secrets were burning in others now they burn inside me.

Many a times we are told, "I am going to tell you a secret, but you have to promise not to tell anyone else". Is it not foolish for people to expect someone else to keep your secret which you yourself cannot keep?

It is believed that the profession with the highest suicide rates are psychiatrists,  and why not? They are constantly overloaded with other people's treachery, complaints, secrets, guilts and problems. 

“If you have a secret that you don’t want anyone to know, maybe you shouldn’t be doing it in the first place.”- Eric Schmidt

I would add, if you feel burdened by a guilt, ask yourself, if you are really guilty and by whose definition? Has it harmed anyone or nature? Most often we are made to feel guilty of perfectly natural behaviour but classified as sins or crimes by people who wish to trap and manipulate us. If you don't feel guilty then there is nothing to confess.

Empathy, is certainly a desirable trait in people. It is the ability to place oneself in someone else's shoes, and to be compassionate. Empathy however, is different from allowing people possession of your mind and filling it up with useless gossip and often malicious information.

Next time someone wants to bare their soul to you or tell you a secret, maybe you should reconsider whether you should be listening to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entrepreneurs, professionals and entrefessional

I will digress here to explain my analysis of the difference between entreprenuers professionals & entrefessionals.  I don't really...