04 June 2015

Fools, Fanatics and Wise People



The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wise people so full of doubts.

 - Bertrand Russell (Philosopher)

_____________________________

Shun fanatics and fools. Foolish people are everywhere and it is often possible to avoid engaging with them. Fanatics on the other hand won't leave us alone so they have to be coped with. Fanatics can be of many kinds, political, religious, nationalists, colour, creed, professional etc. I have no clue how to cope with fanatics. If you know how, then please let me know. 

Fanatics are normally people who know little and usually have experienced little or nothing. Using borrowed thoughts and feelings, fanatics tell others how they must live, work and play. All fanatics use the twin tools of fear and greed to influence if not control others. 

All truly great people reflect on their own experiences. They all eventually realise how complex creation is, how vast the universe is and how insignificant we individuals are.  One day they too discover like Socrates did,  "I know only thing, and that is, I know nothing".




No comments:

Post a Comment

Entrepreneurs, professionals and entrefessional

I will digress here to explain my analysis of the difference between entreprenuers professionals & entrefessionals.  I don't really...